The best thing about golf is that you can take on the sport no matter your age, size, shape, or height. Golf clubs, in general, can be customized easily. So don’t worry about your set not fitting your height. And if you’re a female golfer shorter than average, then here are the best womens petite golf club sets for you.
The Petite length, which is an inch shorter (42 inches) in comparison to the standard length (43 inches) of ladies’ golf clubs. So let’s have a look at some of the top-rated petite-size golf clubs that the short members of the female golfing population seem to love!
Table of Contents
- Reviews of Best Golf Clubs for Petite Ladies - Top 10 Picks
- 1. Aspire PRO-X Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
- 2. Aspire XD1 Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
- 3. Wilson Women’s Complete Golf Set
- 4. Callaway Women’s Solaire Complete Golf Set
- 5. Cobra Golf 2019 Women’s XL Speed Complete Golf Set
- 6. Believe Founders Club Womens Golf Set
- 7. Precise AMG Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
- 8. Palm Springs Golf Visa Lady Petite All Graphite Hybrid Club Set
- 9. Ram Golf EZ3 Ladies Petite Golf Clubs Set
- 10. Precise Deluxe Women’s Petite Complete Set
- What Really Is A ‘Petite’ Golf Clubs Set?
- How to Find Out If You Need Petite Golf Clubs?
- Buying Guide Factors for Petite Golf Clubs for Women
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping It Up…
Reviews of Best Golf Clubs for Petite Ladies - Top 10 Picks
1. Aspire PRO-X Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
- Increased head speed from Industry-leading aerodynamics.
- CG is precisely located which means you'll get more...
- We made the face thinner, lighter and more robust.
- Premium V6 (variable control) ladies flex shafts on all...
- Tour Pride multi-material proprietary grips give an enhanced...
Solid hits and distance gains are what Aspire’s PRO-X Ladies Complete Golf Club Set delivers, which appeals the most to beginner golfers. The boost in clubhead speed, in particular, comes from the brand’s industry-leading aerodynamics.
Every club in the set has it’s CG precisely located. So, as a newbie, you can achieve the distance and launch you desire more consistently across the whole clubface. And this face, just so you know, is lighter, thinner, and more robust.
2. Aspire XD1 Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
- Petite set includes: 460cc driver, 3 wood, 21 Hybrid, no. 6...
- Recommended sizes: 5'0"-5'5"
- Designed for Ladies - lightweight graphite shaft for Woods...
- Premium laser mark on driver face plus attractive designed...
- Right handed Ladies set
Yet another set of premium golf clubs for petite ladies by Aspire. The XD1 Complete Golf Clubs Set is well-constructed, no doubt, with an optimal flex in the shaft to promote a faster swing speed.
In no way is this a bad or disappointing set for the price. With these golf clubs, you can expect to drive the golf ball around 225 yards the most effortlessly. Even the wedge and irons are extremely forgiving. The perfect starter set indeed.
3. Wilson Women’s Complete Golf Set
- Designed specifically for women players with lightweight...
- High-lofted driver has large sweet spot and is swing speed...
- Deep, perimeter weighted 431 stainless steel irons with very...
- Lightweight, premium Cart bag features double padded should...
- Easy Launch Sand Wedge features very low weighting and wide...
When you’re barely even 5 feet tall, buying golf clubs can be really frustrating. In that context, let us bring to your attention that the Wilson Complete Golf Set here is available in Petite, Regular, and Long. And this particular Petite size is more than just comfortable for shorter ladies.
You know it’s designed for female golfers who swing slow because of the lightweight graphite shafts. On top of that, literally, there are the all-weather, soft women-sized grips. Let’s just say that you’ve finally found your fairway companion at last!
4. Callaway Women’s Solaire Complete Golf Set
Designed for the higher end of the petite range, Callaway Solaire consists of comfortable, lightweight golf clubs that travel the distance. The distance technologies that the brand has used deliver commendable course coverage as well as longer shots all the way from the tee to the green.
Hitting straighter and farther, no doubt, is not only possible but also made easier. So in case you happen to be new to the game of golf, even then you don’t have to worry about a single thing.
5. Cobra Golf 2019 Women’s XL Speed Complete Golf Set
Petite or Standard, Cobra’s XL Speed Compete Golf Set is the best for women golfers looking for easy-to-hit, lightweight clubs. This includes driver, hybrid, fairways, irons, and a mallet putter. A premium golf cart bag is a part of the package too of course.
In terms of performance, the most praiseworthy quality is just how forgiving the golf clubs are. You don’t even have to strike the ball squarely in order to achieve your intended target. That’s how forgiving!
6. Believe Founders Club Womens Golf Set
- Left Handed 460cc driver-largest driver allowed for maximum...
- Left Handed 2 Hybrid Irons to replace traditional hard to...
- Left Handed Matching Mallet style putter * Designer Cart Bag...
- 4 matching designer head covers to protect your woods and...
- Rain Hood * All clubs come with light weight ladies flex...
You can be short and/or a senior golfer and still have zero complaints about this golf set by Believe. It includes the largest-ever driver to unleash maximum forgiveness, thus adding extra distance. And if generating the longest drives the most effortlessly is a priority, then buying a separate driver from our top list is a must.
Moving on, even the hybrid irons, which actually replace difficult-to-hit long irons, produce favorable results. And with the stainless steel irons that are included, you can launch the golf ball easily out rough situations.
7. Precise AMG Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
- Full set of clubs right out of the box!
- Maximum forgiveness on the woods and irons equals straighter...
- Matching Deluxe Dual-Strap Golf Bag and Headcovers! Carry...
- Recommended Sizes: Petite - below 5'3", Regular - 5'3" -...
There’s a Regular size and Petite size version of the Precise AMG Ladies Golf Clubs Set. And each one features maximum forgiveness. Irons and woods especially so, which means you can rely on them to help you generate straighter shots.
The grips on the shafts are comfortable. The petite-size fit is comfortable. And even the matching golf bag is comfortable beyond expectations.
8. Palm Springs Golf Visa Lady Petite All Graphite Hybrid Club Set
- Great quality golf package set is ideal for new and...
- The oversize 460cc driver (the biggest legally allowed) has...
- The 15° #3 fairway wood, though smaller than the driver,...
- This golf club set includes 2 hybrids – a #3 (18°) and #4...
- The 6 irons 5-6-7-8-9-PW all feature a cavity back design,...
A shorter golf club length is a must when your height is 5 feet, 2 inches. On that note, you may have just found your ideal club fit.
The Palm Springs set includes an oversized driver with a massive sweet spot. So you don’t always have to struggle to hit at the dead center. Even in the case of mis-hits, achieving straighter, longer shots becomes possible.
So look forward to an immediate improvement in your game of golf. And that’s something even standard ladies’ golf clubs do not hand out.
9. Ram Golf EZ3 Ladies Petite Golf Clubs Set
- The EZ3 full set includes all the golf clubs you need to get...
- WOODS - 460cc 13° driver with headcover. 15° #3 wood with...
- HYBRID - 21° hybrid recovery club to replace the long...
- IRONS - 5 irons (6-7-8-9-PW) included. Cavity back design...
- PUTTER - High MOI design mallet putter. BAG - Stand bag with...
The quality of these golf clubs is quite impressive given the price of the complete ladies set. Ladies petite golf clubs have to fit women golfers that are 5 feet, 2 inches short. And that’s precisely what you get here.
It’s the perfect beginner set with a driver that goes the distance, irons that correct off-center strikes, and a hybrid that’s much easier to hit than long irons.
10. Precise Deluxe Women’s Petite Complete Set
- Set Includes:460cc 13Driver, # 3 Wood, 24 Hybrid Wood,...
- Woods: Aerodynamically shaped club head for increased swing...
- Hybrid: Comes with Generous offset with extreme perimeter...
- Irons: Multi-Purpose irons like hybrid woods make even the...
- 3 Matching Head covers and a Deluxe Stand Bag
The aerodynamic-shaped clubhead of the driver of this Precise Complete Golf Club Set is just what short women with a slow swing speed need. It increases distance by promoting faster swing speed.
And since these golf clubs are designed for petite golfers in particular, no worries about being barely 5-feet tall.
What Really Is A ‘Petite’ Golf Clubs Set?
The standard length of golf clubs for women is 43 inches. Then comes the petite size, which is an inch shorter. And that’s 42 inches. These clubs are categorized as petite. And they’re specifically designed for female golfers that are above 4 feet, 10 inches but below 5 feet, 4 inches.
Because petite ladies have a comparatively smaller arc, which generates less clubhead speed, petite-size golf clubs feature lightweight graphite and extra-flex shafts. This, no doubt, compensates for the lack of speed by promoting a faster swing.
How to Find Out If You Need Petite Golf Clubs?
You know you need to choose from the petite-size category of golf clubs when you’re hitting just too many errant shots. And also when your golf scores are poor. But the most clear-cut indicator is the club shaft length and your height just not matching.
Golf clubs are fitted based on the distance between the ground and your hands when holding the club. So measure that distance, or have someone measure it for you. And if the wrist-to-floor measurement is below 34 inches, go for petite.
Buying Guide Factors for Petite Golf Clubs for Women
It’s a review post of petite golf clubs for women golfers. This means the club shaft length is an inch shorter than the standard length for ladies between 4 feet, 10 inches and 5 feet, 4 inches. So make sure your height falls within that particular range to be eligible for the petite-size of golf clubs.
Shaft Material and Flex
Generally speaking, ladies’ golf clubs feature a lightweight graphite shaft so as to help them gain more clubhead speed. So even with a slower swing speed, you can make your golf ball travel farther. And lightweight graphite, no doubt, is better than its heavier counterpart steel.
Also, you have to make sure that the shaft flex is Ladies. Once again, most female golfers have a comparatively lower swing speed. So it only makes sense to opt for the softest flex. That way, you can generate longer distances the most effortlessly. But then if you hit long without any difficulty, consider Regular shaft flex.
Golf Club Weight
The lighter the club, the easier it is for you to hit longer with the help of a faster clubhead speed. In that case, graphite shafts are the most ideal since the material is lightweight and helps in improving distance.
A golf driver is a must, and so is a putter. What about the clubs in between?
First of all, the driver should have a larger clubhead size (bigger sweet spot that is) for providing maximum forgiveness, distance, and confidence.
Then you have your woods that also boost distance.
The next on the list are long-iron alternatives, hybrids.
And lastly, wedges are the scoring golf clubs. So carry 1-2 extra for minimizing strokes around greens.
The higher price tag only means that the brand is trustworthy and that performance and quality are unparalleled. Golf club sets, petite of course, cost anywhere between $300 and $1,200. After all, these do rank as customized clubs because of their shorter-than-standard length.
But in comparison to individual golf clubs, this price is surely a reasonable amount. Because if you purchase custom golf clubs separately, you’re most likely to end up paying $2,000 for an entire set.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Measure Golf Clubs for Petite Women?
You’ll get more accurate measurements if you ask a second person to do the measurement for you. The distance between your wrist hinging and the ground is your wrist-to-floor measurement. And now here’s a golf club measurement guide you should refer to after that…
Golf Club Lenght
4’10” to 5’0”
1-1/2 inches shorter than Standard length
5’0” to 5’2”
Petite (1 inch shorter than Standard length)
5’2” to 5’4”
1/2 inch shorter than Standard length
5’4” to 5’7”
1/4 inch shorter than Standard length
5’7” to 6’1”
How Tall Should Petite Golf Clubs be?
The shaft length of petite-size golf clubs is 42 inches, which is an inch shorter than the standard length (43 inches) of ladies’ golf clubs. And petite is perfect for female golfers between 4 feet, 11 inches and 5 feet, 3 inches (height-wise).
What are the Best Ladies Golf Clubs for Beginners?
There are certain factors that set beginner golf clubs apart from the others. And this selection is even more streamlined in the case of women golfers. The golf clubs should have lightweight graphite, extra-flex (Ladies) shafts, to begin with.
Then maximum forgiveness in the form of an oversized clubhead with a bigger sweet spot is also very important when it comes to correcting mis-hits that most beginners in golf are guilty of making. So why don’t you get started with these beginner golf club sets for women!
Wrapping It Up…
Lucky for petite female golfers, there are now enough options to choose from. Golf clubs that are an inch shorter than the standard length are perfect for women below 5 feet, 4 inches. So if you want your golf clubs to fit you right, so that you can hit longer and straighter, then petite is the way to go. Otherwise, your performance suffers a great deal.
And plenty of top brands like Callaway, Cobra, Wilson, Aspire, etc. provide you with golf club sets that bode well with your slower swing speed. That means a comfortable, correct fit as well as distance, accuracy, and confidence boosting benefits.