The best thing about golf is that you can take on the sport no matter your age, size, shape, or height. Golf clubs, in general, can be customized easily. So don’t worry about your set not fitting your height. And if you’re a female golfer shorter than average, then here are the best womens petite golf club sets for you.
The Petite length, which is an inch shorter (42 inches) in comparison to the standard length (43 inches) of ladies’ golf clubs. So let’s have a look at some of the top-rated petite-size golf clubs that the short members of the female golfing population seem to love!
Before that, a quick rundown…
Top 3 Golf Club Sets for Petite Female Golfers
- Advanced aerodynamics for more clubhead speed
- CG placement produces higher, consistent launch
- Ladies-flex, lightweight graphite shafts
- Ladies-size Tour Pride grip offers a solid, enhanced feel
- Perimeter-weighted golf clubs play LONG effortlessly
- Lightweight, forgiving Ladies-flex shafts
- Easy-to-align mallet putter
- High-end black and pink finish options
- Largest legally allowed driver for extra distance
- Fly-high, low-profile wood delivers high launch
- Wide-sole irons to get out of rough easily
- Left-handed golf clubs with Ladies-flex, graphite shafts
But I have many more selections reviewed for you below, which you may want to know about since they’re labeled as the most suitable to improve golf skills, performance, and scores.
Table of Contents
- What Really is A ‘Petite’ Golf Clubs Set?
- Do You Really Need Petite Golf Clubs?
- Buying Guide Factors for Petite Golf Clubs for Women
- Reviews of Best Petite Golf Club Sets for Women – Top 10 Picks
- 1. Aspire PRO-X Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
- 2. Aspire XD1 Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
- 3. Wilson Women’s Complete Golf Set
- 4. Callaway Women’s Solaire Complete Golf Set
- 5. Cobra Golf 2019 Women’s XL Speed Complete Golf Set
- 6. Believe Founders Club Womens Golf Set
- 7. Precise AMG Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
- 8. Palm Springs Golf Visa Lady Petite All Graphite Hybrid Club Set
- 9. Ram Golf EZ3 Ladies Petite Golf Clubs Set
- 10. Precise Deluxe Women’s Petite Complete Set
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Wrapping It Up…
What Really is A ‘Petite’ Golf Clubs Set?
The standard length of golf clubs for women is 43 inches. Then comes the petite size, which is an inch shorter. And that’s 42 inches. These clubs are categorized as petite. And they’re specifically designed for female golfers that are above 4 feet, 10 inches but below 5 feet, 4 inches.
Because petite ladies have a comparatively smaller arc, which generates less clubhead speed, petite-size golf clubs feature lightweight graphite and extra-flex shafts. This, no doubt, compensates for the lack of speed by promoting a faster swing.
Do You Really Need Petite Golf Clubs?
You know you need to choose from the petite-size category of golf clubs when you’re hitting just too many errant shots. And also when your golf scores are poor. But the most clear-cut indicator is the club shaft length and your height just not matching.
Golf clubs are fitted based on the distance between the ground and your hands when holding the club. So measure that distance, or have someone measure it for you. And if the wrist-to-floor measurement is below 34 inches, go for petite.
Buying Guide Factors for Petite Golf Clubs for Women
It’s a review post of petite golf clubs for women golfers. This means the club shaft length is an inch shorter than the standard length for ladies between 4 feet, 10 inches and 5 feet, 4 inches. So make sure your height falls within that particular range to be eligible for the petite-size of golf clubs.
Shaft Material and Flex
Generally speaking, ladies’ golf clubs feature a lightweight graphite shaft so as to help them gain more clubhead speed. So even with a slower swing speed, you can make your golf ball travel farther. And lightweight graphite, no doubt, is better than its heavier counterpart steel.
Also, you have to make sure that the shaft flex is Ladies. Once again, most female golfers have a comparatively lower swing speed. So it only makes sense to opt for the softest flex. That way, you can generate longer distances the most effortlessly. But then if you hit long without any difficulty, consider Regular shaft flex.
Golf Club Weight
The lighter the club, the easier it is for you to hit longer with the help of a faster clubhead speed. In that case, graphite shafts are the most ideal since the material is lightweight and helps in improving distance.
A golf driver is a must, and so is a putter. What about the clubs in between?
First of all, the driver should have a larger clubhead size (bigger sweet spot that is) for providing maximum forgiveness, distance, and confidence.
Then you have your woods that also boost distance.
The next on the list are long-iron alternatives, hybrids.
And lastly, wedges are the scoring golf clubs. So carry 1-2 extra for minimizing strokes around greens.
The higher price tag only means that the brand is trustworthy and that performance and quality are unparalleled. Golf club sets, petite of course, cost anywhere between $300 and $1,200. After all, these do rank as customized clubs because of their shorter-than-standard length.
But in comparison to individual golf clubs, this price is surely a reasonable amount. Because if you purchase custom golf clubs separately, you’re most likely to end up paying $2,000 for an entire set.
Reviews of Best Petite Golf Club Sets for Women – Top 10 Picks
1. Aspire PRO-X Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
Solid hits and distance gains are what Aspire’s PRO-X Ladies Complete Golf Club Set delivers, which appeals the most to beginner golfers. The boost in clubhead speed, in particular, comes from the brand’s industry-leading aerodynamics.
This very forgiving quality makes sure that you’re rewarded with a good amount of accuracy and distance even if you miss the sweet i.e. center spot. Since most women golfers also struggle with getting the ball airborne, it’s a relief is what it is to achieve a higher ball flight the most effortlessly using these golf clubs.
Every club in the set has its CG precisely located. So, as a newbie, you can achieve the distance AND launch you desire more consistently across the whole clubface. And this face, just so you know, is lighter, thinner, and more robust.
Generally speaking, ladies golf clubs are supposed to be lighter and even shorter than men’s clubs. Along with more flexible shafts (check!) and higher lofts (also check!). What’s even more thrilling to find out – Aspire PRO-X comes in two different club length sizes. Obviously, the Petite length is for women below 5’3”.
- Premium Ladies-flex lightweight graphite shafts
- Aerodynamic technology increases clubhead speed
- Multi-material Tour Pride grip for an enhanced, solid feel
- Precisely located CG delivers distance and launch consistency
- Cart bag is included, though it’s not the most durable
2. Aspire XD1 Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
Yet another set of premium golf clubs for petite ladies by Aspire. The XD1 Complete Golf Clubs Set is well-constructed, no doubt, with an optimal flex in the shaft to promote a faster swing speed.
In no way is this a bad or disappointing set for the price. With these affordable best women’s golf clubs, you can expect to drive the golf ball around 225 yards the most effortlessly. Even the wedge and irons are extremely forgiving in that they don’t make you feel so bad for not having a faster swing speed.
The perfect starter set in the Petite and Standard size. Naturally, if your height is 5’4” or below, go for Petite.
Whatever the shaft length for you, the oversized 460cc titanium clubhead offers a solid punch off the tee every single time. And that’s also because of the generous 12-degree loft on the driver. The 3-wood is also high-lofted for boosting the distance of your fairway shots. Plus, its optimally sized hosel and lightweight design deliver great feedback.
- Ultra-light, Ladies-flex graphite shafts
- Large, high-lofted driver head boosts distance
- Weight-balanced hybrid for a broad angled face
- Very forgiving irons allow you to manage greenside roll
- Pitching wedge promotes straighter shots
- Alignment notches on putter set up easier shots
- Only for slow swing speeds
- Poor quality golf clubs
3. Wilson Women’s Complete Golf Set
When you’re barely even 5 feet tall, buying golf clubs can be really frustrating. In that context, let us bring to your attention that the Wilson Complete Golf Set here is available in Petite, Regular, and Long. And this particular Petite size is more than just comfortable for shorter ladies.
You know it’s designed for female golfers who swing slow because of the lightweight graphite shafts. On top of that, literally, there are the all-weather, soft women-sized grips. Let’s just say that you’ve finally found your fairway companion at last.
The high-lofted driver promotes a higher swing speed to produce two outcomes – longer distance and higher ball flight. You also get perimeter-weighted, low CG stainless steel irons that improve accuracy for you in case you’re not yet skilled enough to do that.
Even the wedge (SW) has a favorable design (easy launch, low weight, wide sole) to make sure greenside control doesn’t get away from your hands. Last but not least is the weight-balanced putter, once again very beginner-friendly, for sinking putts within 8 to 10 feet the most easily.
When such effortless swings are produced, the relatively cheaper price seems even more enticing.
- Lightweight graphite shafts with women-sized grips
- High-loft driver matches slower swing speeds
- Perimeter-weighted irons boost accuracy
- Easy-launch sand wedge improves greenside control
- Lightweight bag yet not easy to carry
- Paint on the golf clubs prone to chipping off soon
4. Callaway Women’s Solaire Complete Golf Set
Designed for the higher end of the petite range, Callaway Solaire consists of comfortable, lightweight golf clubs that travel the distance. The distance technologies that the brand has used deliver commendable course coverage as well as longer shots all the way from the tee to the green.
Hitting straighter and farther, no doubt, is not only possible but also made easier. So in case you happen to be new to the game of golf, even then you don’t have to worry about a single thing.
The Regular length of Callaway Solaire is an ideal fit for ladies between 5’2” and 5’6”. As for the golf clubs, each one is well-equipped for your benefit as a beginner or intermediate golfer.
For example, the driver with its massive sweet spot and perimeter weighting corrects mis-hits. The high-lofted 3-wood gets you out of whatever lie possible. The 5 and 6 hybrids make sure to cover any distance gaps between clubs. And the stainless steel, perimeter-weighted irons develop accuracy without any frustrating lies and slices.
And this extremely forgiving nature of Callaway petite golf clubs extends to the wedges and putter as well. You get a mallet putter by the way, which is a fitting choice for beginners and intermediates.
- Ladies-flex, lightweight graphite shafts
- Low CG placement maximizes forgiveness on mis-hits
- Higher lofts promote a higher ball flight
- Game-improvement cavity-back irons
- Very forgiving, lightweight wedges and easy-to-align putter
- Too thick grips
- More standard size than Petite
5. Cobra Golf 2019 Women’s XL Speed Complete Golf Set
Petite or Standard, Cobra’s XL Speed Compete Golf Set is the best for women golfers looking for easy-to-hit, lightweight clubs. This includes driver, hybrid, woods, irons, and a mallet putter. A premium golf cart bag is a part of the package too of course.
In terms of performance, the most praiseworthy quality is just how forgiving the golf clubs are. You don’t even have to strike the ball squarely in order to achieve your intended target. That’s how forgiving!
The XL Speed technology of Cobra is put in place precisely for producing forgiving and long results. This obviously is a part of the titanium driver included in the set. The weighting especially is the best part for women because lightweight clubs are indeed useful when your swing speed is not quite developed yet.
Very effortless to launch cavity-back irons are also pretty useful when it comes to eliminating the extra effort of generating solid shots. The fact that you get only the 6-PW means you can easily use the hybrid instead of struggling with a 5-iron.
My only concern is the complaint that you may not get the Petite length. Plus, the color of the headcovers included and of the golf clubs is slightly different from what you see.
- Titanium driver with oversized head delivers distance
- Low, back/heel weighted woods/hybrids for higher shots
- Cavity-back irons maximize forgiveness on off-center strikes
- Mallet putter with machined face provides a bit more forgiveness
- Complaints that it may not arrive as advertised
6. Believe Founders Club Womens Golf Set
You can be short, left-handed, and/or a senior golfer and still have zero complaints about this golf set by Believe, believe it or not!
The set includes the largest-ever driver to unleash maximum forgiveness, thus adding extra distance. And if generating the longest drives the most effortlessly is your only priority, then buying a separate driver from our top list is a must. But the driver here is well-equipped when it comes to emphasizing distance, launch angle, and ball speed off the tee.
Moving on, even the hybrid irons, which actually replace unwieldy long irons, produce favorable results.
And with the stainless steel irons that are included, you can launch the golf ball easily out of rough situations. Although the feel of these irons is not very beginner-friendly because beginners, more often than not, don’t know how to use this feel to their advantage.
All in all, if your height is between 5’3” and 5’7”, you should definitely buy the Petite size of this golf club set.
- Lightweight graphite, Ladies-flex, left-handed golf clubs
- Largest 460cc driver allows maximum forgiveness
- Low-profile 3-wood promotes easy launch
- Wide-sole stainless steel irons launch shots farther and higher
- Mallet putter improves longer putt performance
- Feel of irons is a bit much for beginners
- This is not for right-handed golfers
7. Precise AMG Ladies Womens Complete Golf Clubs Set
There’s a Regular size and Petite size version of the Precise AMG Ladies Golf Clubs Set. And both feature maximum forgiveness. Irons and woods especially so, which means you can rely on them to help you generate straighter shots.
The grips on the shafts are comfortable. The petite-size fit is comfortable. And even the matching golf bag is comfortable beyond expectations. So there’s no denying that these beginner-friendly golf clubs serve you well, even when you miss the ball. This means even if you hit the turf really hard, they can withstand the beating.
The 460cc head of the driver has low CG placement and high MOI, so you can achieve higher trajectories and distance boost the most easily. The cherry on top certainly is the lightweight, Ladies-flex graphite shaft on the driver and the other clubs included in the set as well.
Let me also not forget to mention that even the irons have a pretty huge sweet spot to keep your off-center shots from getting severely punished. So if your chances of mis-hitting are high and, at the same time, you’re also under 5’4”, then take my word for it you won’t be disappointed with Precise AMG.
- Ladies-flex, lightweight graphite shafts
- Titanium driver with thinner face adds flexibility and distance
- Irons and woods are highly forgiving for straighter shots
- Clubheads prone to separating from the shaft
8. Palm Springs Golf Visa Lady Petite All Graphite Hybrid Club Set
These Petite-size Palm Springs golf clubs are the perfect fit for women who find the Standard size too heavy and/or too long. Because you certainly don’t want to use clubs that don’t fit properly as they compromise distance. Plus, heavy golf clubs and slower swing speeds just don’t go hand in hand.
The Palm Springs set includes an oversized driver with a massive sweet spot. So you don’t always have to struggle to hit at the dead center. Even in the case of mis-hits, achieving straighter, longer shots becomes possible.
The well-balanced design of all golf clubs, cavity-back structure of irons, forgiving clubheads with their massive sweet spot, lightweight, Ladies-flex graphite shafts, and low CG for higher ball flight – imagine all that you would be able to accomplish with ALL of these much-needed benefits provided by just one golf club set.
- Ladies-flex, lightweight graphite shaft for slower swing speeds
- Oversized 460cc driver boosts ball speed and distance
- Enlarged sweet spot maximizes forgiveness
- Hybrids replace long irons as go-to clubs in rough situations
- Cavity-back irons with low CG enable more consistency
- Blade-style putter, thus not easy to align
- The bag is slightly smaller in size
9. Ram Golf EZ3 Ladies Petite Golf Clubs Set
The quality of these golf clubs is quite impressive given the price of the complete ladies set. Ladies petite golf clubs have to fit women golfers that are 5 feet, 2 inches short. And that’s precisely what you get here in case you’re height-challenged too.
It’s the perfect beginner set with a driver that goes the distance, cavity-back irons that correct off-center strikes, and a hybrid that’s much easier to hit than long irons. That’s the short bit of it.
Now let’s get into more specific details in case you’re interested. So the driver is the largest that’s legally allowed. Meaning it has a larger sweet spot too that corrects mis-hits. And when you combine that with the lightweight graphite shaft, increased speed surely takes control.
The fairway wood and hybrid are also the perfect fit in that they both produce great distance while also improving control and accuracy. The hybrid, in particular, is to be held accountable for that. And lastly, the mallet-style of the putter is yet another golf club in this set that doesn’t let your mis-hits ruin the game.
- Lightweight graphite shafts on all golf clubs
- 460cc driver delivers greater distances
- Game-improvement, very forgiving cavity-back irons
- Easy-to-hit hybrid increases trajectory and boosts confidence
- High-MOI mallet putter and golf stand bag included
- Don’t expect too much in terms of quality
10. Precise Deluxe Women’s Petite Complete Set
It feels good to know that you have a set that fits your petite body type, right? So no more having to rent golf clubs, which oftentimes don’t feel like the perfect fit because most of them end up being too long. If you can relate, then maybe consider these Precise Deluxe Petite Golf Clubs.
Apart from the shorter club shaft length, the aerodynamic-shaped clubhead of the driver is just what short women with a slow swing speed need. It increases distance by promoting a faster swing speed. Speaking of the clubhead, it also features arrows that literally point in the direction of the sweet spot.
Even the putter has a center line, although it’s white in color, thus not easy to see. Nevertheless, there’s no denying that the putter does indeed have good alignment lines. And wait till you hear about the heavily base-weighted, solid irons that help a great deal with ball flight.
Furthermore, the rest of the set is built keeping nothing but the correction of off-center shots in mind. And it’s a good thing that irons 6 to 9 are not included because who really needs them when learning!
- Lightweight graphite shafts perfect for slower swing speeds
- Aerodynamically-shaped, high-launch driver
- Perimeter weighted, offset hybrid is a lot more forgiving
- Higher-lofted irons, thus easier to hit
- Putter alignment is a bit tricky
- Basic rubber grips, nothing high-quality or fancy
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Measure Golf Clubs for Petite Women?
You’ll get more accurate measurements if you ask a second person to do the measurement for you. The distance between your wrist hinging and the ground is your wrist-to-floor measurement. And now here’s a golf club measurement guide you should refer to after that…
|Height||Wrist-To-Floor Measurement||Golf Club Lenght|
|4’10” to 5’0”||25-27 inches||1-1/2 inches shorter than Standard length|
|5’0” to 5’2”||27-29 inches||Petite (1 inch shorter than Standard length)|
|5’2” to 5’4”||29-34 inches||1/2 inch shorter than Standard length|
|5’4” to 5’7”||32-34 inches||1/4 inch shorter than Standard length|
|5’7” to 6’1”||34-37 inches||Standard|
How Tall Should Petite Golf Clubs be?
The shaft length of petite-size golf clubs is 42 inches, which is an inch shorter than the standard length (43 inches) of ladies’ golf clubs. And petite is perfect for female golfers between 4 feet, 11 inches and 5 feet, 3 inches (height-wise).
What are the Best Ladies Golf Clubs for Beginners?
There are certain factors that set beginner golf clubs apart from the others. And this selection is even more streamlined in the case of women golfers. The golf clubs should have lightweight graphite, extra-flex (Ladies) shafts, to begin with.
Then maximum forgiveness in the form of an oversized clubhead with a bigger sweet spot is also very important when it comes to correcting mis-hits that most beginners in golf are guilty of making. So why don’t you get started with these beginner golf club sets for women!
Wrapping It Up…
Lucky for petite female golfers, there are now enough options to choose from. Golf clubs that are an inch shorter than the standard length are perfect for women below 5 feet, 4 inches. So if you want your golf clubs to fit you right, so that you can hit longer and straighter, then petite is the way to go. Otherwise, your performance suffers a great deal.
And plenty of top brands like Callaway, Cobra, Wilson, Aspire, etc. provide you with golf club sets that bode well with your slower swing speed. That means a comfortable, correct fit as well as distance, accuracy, and confidence boosting benefits.