If there’s any one golf club that feels the most rewarding to not only play but also just pull out of your bag, it’s none other than the driver. So it’s only natural to get frustrated when you fail to drive straight and long. Especially those with slower swing speeds struggle with hitting decent tee shots consistently. And a part of that statistic is women.
So it’s a relief to know that brands are now manufacturing some of the best golf drivers for women. They deliver precision, forgiveness, distance, and to be honest, a lot more than you can even begin to imagine. Then it’s time to find out all that’s possible to achieve with the following top-rated drivers!
Table of Contents
- Reviews of Golf Drivers Made for Women – Top 8 Choices
- 1. Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Driver
- 2. Cobra Golf 2019 F9 Speedback Driver
- 3. TaylorMade Women’s RBZ Driver
- 4. Cobra Golf Ladies F-Max Driver
- 5. TaylorMade SIM MAX Women’s Driver
- 6. Callaway Golf 2019 Epic Flash Driver
- 7. TaylorMade Golf M6 Women’s Driver
- 8. Cobra Golf Women’s 2019 F-Max Superlite Offset Driver
- Best Ladies Golf Drivers: Complete Buying Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Final Note
Reviews of Golf Drivers Made for Women – Top 8 Choices
1. Callaway Golf 2020 Mavrik Max Driver
- The new face architecture required FS2S titanium, an...
- Two internal Jailbreak bars connect the sole and crown to...
- We also used A.I. to design a sophisticated internal...
- Included Components: Golf Club, Headcover
This could just end up being the best driver you may have ever owned. You’d be wondering what you’re doing differently when using Callaway Mavrik Max. It gives your longer drives while also feeling smooth and lightweight. And that’s even exciting news for female golfers trying to keep up with the average golf swing speed.
On top of that, Callaway uses its exclusive A.I. design for producing a deeper sound at impact. Hence, a more rewarding experience through and through.
2. Cobra Golf 2019 F9 Speedback Driver
- Speed back Technology-King F9 Speed back driver is the first...
- Speed back Aero Design-Speed back Technology delivers a...
- Low CG Speed back Weighting-The addition of a low,...
- CNC Precision Milled Face-In an industry where everyone...
- Dual Roll Technology-Dual Roll adds distance to your drives...
Cobra’s version of the best women’s golf driver is its F9 Speedback. And female golfers are the most likely to find this one incredibly forgiving. That means hitting farther and straighter is now possible even if your swing speed is below average.
The improved aerodynamics combines with low CG to make the Cobra driver the longest and fastest. But it’s the low, deep CG weighting, in particular, that hands out more control and accuracy.
3. TaylorMade Women’s RBZ Driver
- A large, 460cc Titanium head with an adjustable loft sleeve...
- Ultralite Titanium core strategically positions mass for...
- Premium matrix White tie 55 shaft for maximum distance and...
- Legendary speed pocket performance for high launch and low...
- New satin black finish with elegant detailing to improve...
When a driver adds 15 to 20 yards to your tee shots just like that, you know it’s a golf club to cherish. And you’re bound to be cherishing TaylorMade RBZ for a very, very long time. You can adjust its loft, which is one of the primary characteristics that set this driver apart.
The fairly forgiving nature and phenomenal Speed Pocket performance that increases launch and decreases spin to give you more distance – these are genuinely cherishable qualities no doubt.
4. Cobra Golf Ladies F-Max Driver
- Lightweight Design-Our lightest driver is engineered using a...
- Carbon Crown-Using a carbon fiber crown saves 10 grams of...
- Back/Heel Weighting-Heel biased weighting keeps drives in...
- Offset Design-An Offset hostel provides correction for...
Why should ladies pay any heed to this Cobra creation? Simply because of its superb lightweight design. The well-engineered structure, for certain, contributes immensely when it comes to increasing your swing speed.
Furthermore, the carbon crown slacks off 10 grams of optional weight for more lightweight handling without affecting the driver’s exceptional forgiveness.
5. TaylorMade SIM MAX Women’s Driver
- Revolutionary New Shape with Aerodynamic Asymmetric Sole and...
- Speed Injected technology for intelligently optimized C. O....
- Twist Face technology with slightly larger face area: Uses...
- Multi-Material Construction with Carbon, Titanium and Steel:...
- 2-degree Loft Sleeve : Provides adjustability and...
One of the best ladies golf drivers is the TaylorMade SIM MAX with its Twist Face and Speed Injected technologies. The former overcomes your tendency of producing mis-hits, which means your off-center strikes can now travel straighter. As for Speed Injected technology, what it does is increases ball speed to the legal threshold.
And since TaylorMade is all about customization, this driver too features loft sleeve adjustability. So you can optimize your driver based on your clubface angle and trajectory preferences.
6. Callaway Golf 2019 Epic Flash Driver
- The Callaway Epic Flash Driver employs a new technology...
- Flash Face’s sophisticated architecture was created by...
- Jailbreak Technology features two internal bars that stiffen...
- A new lighter Trixie Carbon Crown saves weight that’s...
- Adjustable Perimeter Weighting gives golfers the power to...
Doesn’t matter what make or model is of your old driver, this Callaway upgrade is sure to help you hit longer, with greater control that too. Finally, controlling your frequent slices without having to use the 3-wood becomes possible for women golfers.
After all, Callaway uses a brand new technology that gains additional ball speed to boost distance. Then there’s the brand’s exclusive Flash Face architecture brought about by the use of A.I. It’s yet another huge benefit for those with an average or below average swing speed.
7. TaylorMade Golf M6 Women’s Driver
- SPEED INJECTED: Every head is individually speed tested and...
- TWIST FACE: Revolutionary new face curvature with a...
- AERODYNAMIC CARBON SOLE DESIGN WITH "INERTIA GENERATOR":...
- HAMMERHEAD 2.0: The new, more flexible Hammerhead slot works...
This is our third selection by TaylorMade so far. And just like the previous two TaylorMade drivers, even this one’s equipped with Speed Injected technology. Along with the revolutionary Twist Face and an aerodynamic shape. So you can correct your mis-hits as well as gain more clubhead speed.
But the M6 is also outfitted with a more flexible Hammerhead slot for preserving max. ball speed even in the case of off-center shots.
8. Cobra Golf Women’s 2019 F-Max Superlite Offset Driver
- Lighter overall weight-18 grams of weight saving performance...
- Forged E9 face technology-a thin forged Titanium face insert...
- Back/heel weighting-an ultra-forgiving construction features...
- Crown alignment feature-a subtle crown alignment design...
- Offset or Straight neck drivers-golfers can choose between...
Cobra makes an appearance for the third time here, the F-Max Superlite Offset Driver. First of all, offset drivers are just what the majority of women golfers need in order to fix their slices. All thanks to the offset design that moves the club’s CG further behind the golf ball, thus generating higher shots.
And secondly, this is a lightweight driver, which, once again, bodes very well for the slower swing speeds produced by most female golfers. So you’re sure to love the distance and also the offset that keeps slices under control.
Best Ladies Golf Drivers: Complete Buying Guide
Shaft (Material, Length, and Grip)
Let’s start with the type or material of shaft of driver that’s best for female golfers. Almost every golf club for women has a lightweight graphite shaft for boosting swing speed. So if your swing speed is average or below average, then you too need a softer, lighter graphite shaft that offers more flex.
On the other hand, if you’re a more experienced golfer, then it’s alright to go for stiffer, heavier steel-shafted drivers.
What about driver shaft length? Now that depends on your height. Golf drivers for women are usually 1 inch shorter than men’s standard drivers. That means 45 minus 1 is equal to 44 inches. And this shaft length is perfect for golfers with a height of 5 feet, 9 inches.
But what if you’re shorter? Then subtract an inch from the shaft length for every inch that decreases from your height. For example, these petite-sized golf clubs for women. And for taller women, add 1 inch for every 1-inch increase in height above 5 feet, 9 inches.
High-handicap golfers that also have a slower swing speed prioritize distance, right? In that case, longer shafts are a perfect choice. Then there are fast swingers in the game who want more accuracy, which points in the direction of a shorter shaft.
Now, what about the grip on the driver shaft? Obviously, those for women are thinner and shorter in comparison to men. Whatever your gender, get a thicker shaft grip if struggling with hooked shots. While an undersized grip seems ideal for right-hand orientation golfers guilty of slicing the ball.
What is the average weight of a golf driver? It’s between 310 grams and 315 grams. When your swing speed is not fast enough, then a lightweight driver promotes higher speed and distance.
However, keep in mind that lighter isn’t always necessarily better. Meaning, for some golfers, a heavier driver creates a slower tempo. And that, in turn, provides extra time for getting into the proper form to produce a cleaner golf swing.
Most women golfers benefit a great deal from a larger sweet spot. And that’s because it compensates for their off-center strikes. If you’re new to the game, then missing the center of the clubface is only common.
So a massive sweet spot or larger clubhead or clubface, in such a scenario, makes sure your mis-hits also go longer, no matter your swing speed or style.
When it comes to modern golf drivers, adjustability can mean either of two things:
An Adjustable Hosel
When you can increase or decrease the loft, you get to improve accuracy and control ball flight.
Increasing the loft closes the clubface, which makes the shots launch straighter. And this is superb for women golfers who end up slicing the ball to the right more often than they care to admit. While decreasing that loft opens the clubface to boost confidence for releasing the driver fully without thinking twice about producing a hooked shot.
No doubt, moveable weights allow you to correct or fine-tune a slice or hook. They directly affect golf ball spin, trajectory, and feel. At the same time, moveable weights decide the driving distance as well, since they have an impact on spin and launch.
If you’re a noob or newbie, then the process of moving weights might cause more harm than good. It is indeed intimidating or complicated in a way to figure out what the right settings are.
The loft of the driver and your swing speed go hand in hand. A lower loft works better in the case of a faster swing speed. And higher-lofted drivers (12 or 13 degrees) are the best for maximizing speed and distance when the swing speed is below average.
Back in the days, driver clubheads were made using various kinds of wood. These were quite compact and heavy, which means golfers were compelled to strike squarely on the driver’s clubface just to produce long distances.
Since that was not a possibility for most golfers, metal woods came about soon enough. And this, no doubt was lightweight to promote a faster swing speed. It paved the way for larger, thus easier-to-hit clubheads.
Now there’s titanium, which is the most popular because of its lightweight, durable, and strong structure. Titanium clubheads can be increased in size by their manufacturers without adding any extra weight to the driver.
This means women golfers with a slower swing speed can swing faster and generate longer distances because of the larger sweet spot the most easily.
The next is the composite driver. It consists of lightweight (carbon) or heavyweight (tungsten) materials, which combine with titanium for improving driving speed and performance.
Carbon on the rear or crown section of the clubhead minimizes the driver’s overall weight for changing the CG. As for tungsten, it increases the perimeter weighting in order to increase the MOI.
It’s only logical to take into account your swing speed at the time of buying a golf driver. So if your swing speed is below average, then you can use specific technologies some drivers are equipped with to make up for that particular weakness.
Generally speaking, women with a slower swing speed (Below 90 mph) should choose more flexible and lightweight graphite shafts. That way, you can swing the golf club faster for higher launch and maximum distance.
As for female golfers who don’t struggle with their swing speed, they enjoy greater control with a stiffer, heavier steel shaft.
If the golf driver you have your eyes on came out only recently or maybe 1-2 years back, then don’t expect a budget-friendly price tag. New technology in golf is always expensive. But then that driver is going to become outdated in a year or two when the brand comes up with something new.
Generally, the best drivers for female golfers are priced anywhere between $150 and $500. It is the most expensive golf club to own, no doubt about that. And also the most important one as well, which means you shouldn’t hold back when it comes to spending.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What Degree Driver Should Women Golfers Use?
What is the most suitable driver loft for women golfers? The answer is 12-13 degrees, which means a higher lofted driver. With a higher loft, it becomes easier for those with a slower swing speed to get the golf ball airborne more easily.
But if your swing speed is fast enough, then go for a lower loft of around 10.5 degrees.
What is the Best Ladies Golf Driver for Beginners?
A golf driver that’s the most forgiving, higher-lofted, and graphite-shafted. To be more specific, you can go for either TaylorMade 2020 Mavrik Max or TaylorMade 2019 Epic Flash. Both feature technologies that promote faster ball speed (Jailbreak technology) and exceptional forgiveness on mis-hits (lighter carbon crown).
The majority of women golfers have an average or below-average swing speed. So it’s only in their best interest to use a driver that’s extremely forgiving and flexible. And sometimes even adjustable with a loft you can fine-tune based on your preferences.
In this article, each and every important aspect has been discussed at length. And we have also gathered the most functional golf drivers that bode well with a slower swing speed. So it’s time to make golf more fun and easier even if you’re still learning the ropes of the sport.